But, I do admit to being in a bit of a funk. There are lots of things that I'd like to get done around the house, from small household projects to organizational tasks to scrapbooking, and I just don't have the energy to do much anymore. Sure, I'll get bursts of energy, but those are getting fewer and farther between. So, imagine my pleasure at realizing that one big task on my "To Do" list is complete! That's right folks - Zachary's room is done! There are a few small additions that I'm sure we'll make as time goes on, but if Zach came home tomorrow, we'd be ready for him. (Well, his bedroom would be ready for him. I'm not brave enough to say that I'm completely prepared for our little man!)
Below, a few pictures from Zachary's room.







I'm very happy with how things turned out! Most of the room decor is from the Mod Pod Pop Monkey line available at Babies R Us. We decided to forgo the crib bedding set, since we only used the sheet, dust ruffle and bumpers from Abby's Ducky Dots bedding set (and even the bumpers came down as soon as Abby started standing up) - it seemed like a waste of money to buy the full set for Zach. Instead, we picked items "a la carte" and got exactly what we wanted. I also found the adorable window valance at JCPenney - even though it's from a different bedding set, I think it works well with the Mod Pod monkey stuff. I have to admit that I love walking into Zachary's room - it's cheery and bright and fun, and I hope that it will reflect his personality. (Not to brag, but I definitely think we hit the nail on the head with Abby's room. The bright yellow walls and pastel duck decor fit her to a tee - she has such a happy, smiling disposition that her room is truly a great reflection of who she is. {giving self pat on the back} )
Now, all we need is a cute little boy to go with all these cute little monkeys! 26 days and counting, assuming the little guy decides to stay put until his due date!
1 comment:
Zach's monkey from Uncle John is on the way! :) The room looks great!!
Post a Comment