I had an appointment on Monday, just shy of the official 37 week mark. My doctor was on-call at the hospital, so I saw one of the other doctors in the practice - Dr. Kramer. He was very nice and had nothing but good news for me!
My weight went up again - total weight gain is now 37 pounds. Because of the high heat that we've been having recently, the doctor said that some of this recent weight gain is probably water weight. My blood pressure was good, as was my urine sample - two things that are tested weekly now as they may indicate preeclampsia. The results of my Group B strep test also came back negative, which means that I will not need antibiotics during Zachary's birth.
Dr. Kramer also gave me an internal exam. While I have not begun to dilate, my cervix is "softening" and Dr. Kramer could feel Zachary's head in my birth canal. That's right - when performing the internal exam, the doctor could actually feel my little boy's head! I couldn't believe it! Dr. Kramer didn't want to venture a guess as to when I would go into labor, but he went over the possible scenarios to make sure I knew when to call the office and when to go directly to the hospital. I have been having Braxton-Hicks contractions for the last month or so, and I've noticed that, occasionally, they're becoming a bit painful, but they are definitely not "real" contractions, so I'm hoping that Zachary is content to stay where he is so I can finish out my week at work and we can get together with family this weekend to celebrate some of the Ng family summer birthdays. Anytime after next Tuesday is just fine with me, Zachary sweetheart!
A few photos to document this important milestone:
Mommy's ankles at 37 weeks (yes, they're still there!!!){Pardon the mess under my desk at work!}
July 28, 2011
So, 37 weeks. 37 weeks of carrying this little life around. 37 weeks of preparing, both mentally and physically, to be mommy to a newborn all over again. 37 weeks for my heart to grow with love for this little boy. What an amazing 37 weeks it has been!

No comments:
Post a Comment