Today, my wonderful husband and I are celebrating our sixth wedding anniversary. Six amazing years. Six wonderful years. Six memorable, joyous, challenging, maturing, getting-to-know-you years. I am blessed to be Carey's wife, and I know that my life is blessed because he is in it.
I happened to be reading the latest issue of Redbook yesterday, and one of the women in the magazine was talking about her marriage. One thing that she said resonated with me: "Our marriage isn't perfect, but my husband and I are perfect for each other." Carey and I aren't perfect. Our marriage isn't perfect. But I firmly believe that He picked Carey for me, knowing that we would be perfect together.
Carey, thank you for six amazing years. I love you. Abby loves you. You are a truly amazing husband and father, working hard to take care of your girls, making us feel safe and loved. Thank God you didn't know how to wrap Christmas presents, otherwise we may not have met all those years ago at Syracuse!
(Click here to see the slideshow that I put together last year to celebrate our fifth anniversary!)
Saturday, April 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment