Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow Day!

A big storm is currently hitting the New York City area. We're not getting it as bad as some parts of the East Coast - the folks in central New Jersey are getting hit again, not 4 days after they got pounded this past weekend. But, we're expecting blizzard conditions this afternoon/evening and Abby's daycare is closed today, so Carey and I are both working from home.


The snow was just starting to fall when I snapped this photo at 11:50 pm on Tuesday night.


So far, things aren't too bad on Long Island. We have about three inches of snow so far, but it is the heavy, wet snow. (I'm thankful that Carey volunteered to go out to shovel the driveway!) The wind is blowing, knocking snow off the trees and just making it pretty nasty outside. I'm glad that we're spending the day at home, safely ensconced in our nice warm home. (Which is currently, by the way, filled with Abby's laughter as she knocks on the front window to get Carey's attention in the driveway. So cute!)

The view from our front window this morning at 8:30 am

Carey shoveling and salting the driveway. (Abby and I made him hot chocolate when he back back inside!)

I do have some work to do, including cancelling some of our scheduled courses, participating in a telecourse at 12:15 pm, and working on course evaluations. But, I also get to spend the day with my hubby and my munchkin. :-)


Abby mooching from daddy (mooching = begging for food). Abby really wanted some of daddy's oatmeal. :-)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin