Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, February 12, 2010

Follow-Up Friday

So, how are you doing with your New Year's resolutions? In an effort to keep myself honest, I've decided to post weekly updates on all of my resolutions. The sixth update of 2010 looks something like this:
  • Scrapbooking: All sorts of progress on my Project Life kit this week, and I'm so excited about that! Last Friday I challenged myself to participate in Project Life Tuesday over on The Mom Creative. Tuesday's post was a re-cap of last week's photos. I also got a lot of work done on my journaling cards - I'm up to January 31st. Walgreen's is offering a few great deals this weekend, so I'll be printing out my photos from January 1st - February 11th and plan to get them into my scrapbook as soon as possible after they arrive.
  • Book Clubs: Discussions continued with both online book clubs, but they continued without Kristen... :-( This week's challenge to myself: log on to both Bloom and the Simple Mom book club to participate in the discussion. Hopefully, I'll have good progress to report next week!
  • Project 365: Photos are being taken daily and posted to 365 Days of Ng as frequently as possible. (The photo from February 9th is one of my favorites from 2010 thus far.)
  • The Bible in 90 Days: This week has been amazing - I'm on schedule with the Challenge, and the past few days have involved reading from Psalms. To sit down and really reflect upon the words in Psalms has been a blessing. As I mentioned on Twitter earlier this week, I find myself speechless in the face of such beauty, humility and wisdom. Sunday will be Day 45, which marks the halfway point of the Challenge.
  • Grocery Budget: Last week's shopping trip was very small because we'd stocked up on everything we needed the week before. Carey did go out to pick up some bananas (or, as Abby calls them, buh-nuhs), yogurt (there was a super sale on La Yogurt), and some ice cream (because he's a great husband who wants me to be happy!). He spent less than $20, so we're still below $80 on this month's grocery budget. We'll have to be careful over the next two weeks - we have about $40 left for the month - but we should be okay with some planning and using what we have.
So, this was Week #6 of 2010. I hope that your new year continues to be blessed!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin