Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 10, 2009

Teething Stinks...

Have I mentioned that I hate teething? Don't get me wrong, I love the end result. Those little pearly whites that are popping up in Abby's mouth are adorable, and I love how she's starting to use them when she eats. (The other day, she bit a Cheerio in half. Too cute!) But, the process is awful... Remember how last week I mentioned that the tooth on the top popped in practically without incident? Well, we are no longer so lucky. Abby had an awful night last night. She went to bed around 8:45 pm (after some fussing) and then woke up at 2:00 am. Carey gave her a bottle and tried to settle her back down. That didn't happen until 5:00 am. That's right folks. 5:00 am. Every time we'd put her in her crib, she would whine and whimper and eventually launch into a full-out crying fit. (Which, on two occasions, progressed into a full-out screaming fit.) So, mommy and daddy took turns taking care of Abby, singing to her and holding her. We tried chilled teething rings and infant Motrin. I finally got her to sleep at 5:00 am. Then, 10 minutes later my alarm went off and it was time to get ready for work.

Aside from the fact that I'm working on very little sleep, I feel awful that Abby is so uncomfortable. Normally, she is a really good sleeper (8:00 - 6:30 ish every day), so if she's not sleeping well, I know that something is really bothering her. Like every mother out there, I wish that I could take her pain and discomfort away. But I can't. And that stinks, too. :-(

1 comment:

Stacey Gringer said...

Oh Kristen! I have to agree with you on this. Teething does stink! I am so sorry to hear that Abby is in so much pain. We had a similar incident with Grace the other day, but thankful it was during the day and it only lasted for about 30 minutes. I will be thinking about you guys! Remember that this too shall pass! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin