While Bart and Melissa take a well-deserved vacation, Carey and I are helping to puppy sit our little furry niece, Hannah. Hannah was recently adopted as a birthday present for our niece, Gabriella. She's about ten weeks old and is a mixed breed, but definitely has quite a bit of Jack Russel Terrier in her. Her ears do that cute little floppy thing that Jack Russel's do!
Well, Hannah is such a cutie pie. After Carey and I get home from work, we're supposed to go over and take Hannah out to do her business. Gabriella is staying with Melissa's mom, who lives right around the corner, so Gabriella is still responsible for Hannah's care during the day. Carey and I take the night shift. :-) Yesterday, perhaps Hannah knew that something was going on, because she wouldn't eat her dinner before Bart and Melissa left the house. So, when Carey and I got there, after quite a few minutes of playing around, Hannah finally settled down and had part of her dinner. We waited for a bit, and then Carey took her outside, where she did her business for the second time since we arrived! What a good puppy!!
However, at around 10:15, Carey and I decided that we really needed to get home to grab some dinner and get to bed. Poor Hannah whimpered and just looked at us with her cute little puppy dog eyes as we left. It hurt my heart! :-( I felt so bad that I was tempted to go back inside and sleep on the couch to make sure that she was okay. But, Carey convinced me that she would be fine and said that we could stop by this morning on our way to the train station. Sure enough, my oh-so-wise husband was absolutely right: Hannah was fine when we arrived this morning. She had slept fine in her crate and had no accidents during the night. She did her business when Carey took her outside, and then she played with Aunt Kristen while Uncle Carey when on poopy patrol in the backyard. :-)
We'll check on her again tonight when we get home. I had to work late last night (which is why we still hadn't had dinner at 10:15 pm), but I'll be getting out at my regular time today. Carey and I will plan to spend some extra time with Hannah tonight. Playing with a cute little puppy... Hard work, but someone's got to do it!! ;-)
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment