Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

33 weeks (and 30 pounds?!?!)

We're at 33 weeks! We had an appointment with Dr. Siegel yesterday, and he said that everything looked great. My blood pressure was "perfect," my uterus is growing and is within the size range it should be at this point, and Abby's heartbeat was nice and strong. (As soon as I laid back on the table so he could check her out, she started moving. My little fidget!) And, amazingly enough, when I was weighed, I am up to 182! I have now gained 30 pounds since my pregnancy began, which is great! I was a bit worried that I might have gained too much, because "ideal" pregnancy weight gain is 25 to 30 pounds and I still have 7 weeks left! But, Dr. Siegel said that since I'm tall and because I'd lost a few pounds my first trimester, it would be fine if I gained more than 30. I know that I shouldn't get hung-up on what I read in my pregnancy books, but sometimes it's hard not too think "Is this normal? Is this okay?" So, it's always nice when the doctor can calm some of my first-time pregnancy concerns. :-)

Tonight, after work, Carey and I are heading back to the doctor's office for our third trimester ultrasound. (For the past few days, I've been telling Abby to make sure that she combs her hair for her pictures on Tuesday. But, if she's anything like her daddy, she's going to have crazy hair that she won't be able to do anything with anyway!) We'll be seeing Dr. Siegel again in two weeks. By that time, he'll have had a chance to look at the ultrasound pictures and, after looking at Abby's size and development, determine if September 10th is still our target date. I can't wait!!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin