One of my favorite lines from the Lord of the Rings movies is when Strider/Aragorn is leading the hobbits to Rivendell. Pippen wants to stop to light a fire and eat, but Strider says that they have already had breakfast and must continue on their journey. Pippen, in horror, asks if Strider knows about Second Breakfast. I have begun to feel like a hobbit; my body now demands second breakfast. While a bowl of hearty cereal and a glass of juice, along with a mid-morning snack, used to tide me over until lunchtime, my stomach now growls and demands another full meal upon my arrival at the office. (Note: my stomach still requires a mid-morning snack, and lunch must be eaten promptly at 12 noon, or else anarchy ensues.) Luckily, instead of feeling like a piggy (or a hungry, hungry hippo), I'm not too embarrassed to be eating all the time, because I know it's helping Abby. :-)I hope everyone has a great weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment