I think that Abigail has finally decided that I'm having too easy a time with this whole pregnancy business. Aside from some minor nausea in the first trimester (that mercifully ended around week 9) and the occasional break-out, pregnancy has agreed with me so far. Abby has put her foot down (probably literally) and decided that if I can't be nauseous anymore, then I will have heartburn. Every day. Sometimes two or three times a day. For long stretches at a time. If the old wives' tale is true, and heartburn determines how much hair your baby will be born with, then I expect poor Abby to come out covered!Seriously though, I still have nothing to complain about. I have this beautiful little baby growing inside of me, and I can't wait to be a mommy. She's not even born yet, and already I can't imagine my life without her. (This might be the pregnancy hormones causing all this mushiness, so bear with me...) Every backache or headache or bout of heartburn or nausea is worth it, for the opportunity to have this wonderful little blessing that God has given us!
On a far less sentimental note, Carey and I are heading out to the house tonight, and we hope to finish up the bedrooms. Hopefully, I'll have some nice photos to post tomorrow!!
1 comment:
Kris -
I know how you feel. I had heartburn so bad - especially near the end. I was eating tums by the bottle, then I read that taking too many tums can be harmful because of the kind of calcium in it or something like that. Anyways, I started taking Zantac, it was suggested by my midwife. If the indigestion becomes too much to bare, ask your doc, they might have some over the counter suggestions. It is all totally worth it, you are right! :)
I hope you are feeling better soon. Sleep on an incline! :)
Love to you guys,
Karen :)
Post a Comment