Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

More painting...

I get the feeling that "painting" is going to be in the subject line of my posts for the next few weeks, whether it's ceilings, walls, railings, doors, or any other assorted house part...

Carey and I both had early days at work yesterday, so we took an early train out to the house and, after a quick dinner at Melissa and Bart's, took a trip to Home Depot to pick up paint and supplies for the house. Now that we're done with the living room / dining room area, we're focusing on the bedrooms. Our room will be in "Wine Tasting," Abby's room will be in "Summer Harvest," and the office will be in "Lively Tune."

Why no pictures, you ask? Carey is an amazing husband and took the day off to stay at the house and paint. So, the camera is at the house with Carey and Bart, who are both under strict instructions to take lots of before, during, and after pictures. So, I will hopefully have some great shots for you tomorrow!

Other than that, no big news. Abby was dancing this morning after my breakfast of Shredded Wheat, and our niece, who had tubes placed in her ears this morning, is doing well. As I said above, Carey is an amazing husband, who is trying very hard to learn lots of things very quickly. (For those of you who haven't heard the story: when we were painting the bedroom in our current apartment, Carey tried to be helpful, but ended up stepping in the paint and tracking dark blue footprints all over the brand new beige-colored carpet...) But, he is being such a trooper! He's removing face plates and light fixtures, learning all about priming and painting, and is putting up with me wandering around Home Depot ogling the home improvement items. Abby and I are both very, very lucky to have Carey. The only people who should receive more thanks than Carey are Bart and Melissa. They have been extremely helpful and patient as Carey and I attempt to navigate the waters of homeownership. We're lucky to have such great neighbors!! :-)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin