Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 12, 2008

Painting!!

The day was spent painting yesterday. Carey and I were so lucky to have help from Bart and Melissa, so the job went much more quickly than we expected, and I think it turned out nicely!

Our first order of business (after a quick cleaning of the house) was to paint the dining room / living room / entryway / hallway area. We're planning to bring in professionals to sand and refinish the hardwood floors in these areas, so we figured we should paint there now. (That way, we don't have to worry about drop cloths; we can just spill paint all over and it will be magically sanded away!) Well, the ceiling was pretty yucky looking, so we started out painting the ceiling. Melissa came over and was brave enough to get onto a ladder in the entryway to paint the ceiling.
Carey was also a huge help, painting the ceiling, while I worked on the edging and ran assorted errands.
After putting a second coat of "Creamy White" on the ceiling, we got started on the walls. We chose "Toffee Crunch" for the walls. At this point, Bart came over and helped us with the wall work.
I think it turned out really nice, and I think it will look even better once the trim is painted and the floors are done!
For those of you who are getting ready to call me / email me to yell at me for painting, let me tell you that I was very careful. The doctor said I would be okay painting, so long as it was latex paint in a well-ventilated area and that I took breaks if I started feeling the fumes. Like I said above, I was sent on errands whenever we needed additional paint or supplies, and we had every window in the house open, with two fans running all day. I was fine. Abigail is my number one priority, and I would never do anything that I thought would hurt her. I was feeling fine yesterday and, aside from being a bit tired, I'm feeling fine today.

Today is also 23 weeks! The camera was very busy taking before / after pictures yesterday, so I don't have a posed belly picture today. But, Carey did snap a photo of me and Abby painting in the dining room yesterday afternoon, and you can get a decent view of my Abby bump!

Carey and I headed back to Hoboken last night covered in paint and very tired. But, we're looking forward to heading back out to the house tonight to complete some more work! As we complete the tasks we've set up for ourselves, the house begins to feel more and more like our own, and it's a wonderful feeling! Next up on the project list: painting the upstairs bathroom and priming / painting the three upstairs bedrooms.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin