Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Still No Baby...


Just a quick post to let you know that Little Miss Victoria is still comfy and cozy in her watery home. My due date - yesterday, January 22nd - has come and gone. (So much for all those people who said that I'd probably be a few days/weeks early since this was my third child!)

At my appointment on Monday, my doctor said that I hadn't progressed since last week - still 80% effaced and around 2 centimeters dilated. I have a non-stress test scheduled for tomorrow (Friday). The doctor will check the baby's activity levels and measure her size and the amount of amniotic fluid. Assuming that all measurements are at acceptable levels, he's prepared to let me go a few more days before we discuss being induced. Again. For the third time. However, if anything looks amiss, we'll discuss performing the induction sooner.

As I said back when I was pregnant with Zach, I hoped that he might decide to join us a bit earlier than 40 weeks, but I knew what I signed on for. I knew that he might decide to stay put for 40 weeks, or longer. The same is true for Vicky. Carey and I only want what's best for Little Miss. So, if a few more days to "bake" are what baby girl wants, than that is what baby girl will get!

Prayers for a safe and speedy labor and delivery (whenever it occurs) are very much appreciated!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin