Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 9, 2013

Baby Ng #3 - Gender Reveal!

On Friday, we had our mid-point ultrasound. This ultrasound gives the doctor a chance to view the little babe to ensure that all the important organs/systems/parts are present and growing properly. There is also the added bonus of being able to tell if your baby is a boy or girl. While many people like to be surprised at the birth, I am a party-pooper and like to know beforehand. (Baby #3 is also our first "winter" baby, so we have some shopping to do. I wanted to know if we should be shopping for pink or blue!)

I'm now just shy of 21 weeks pregnant. I'm feeling good - dealing with the occasional sleep issues and pretty miserable seasonal allergies, but otherwise, I can't complain. The baby has begun moving around more, so I'm feeling little pokes and kicks throughout the day, which I love! (In fact, Carey felt the baby for the first time on Friday night!) I'm still feeling well enough to go to the gym a few times a week, so I try to do that whenever I can. I do notice my energy levels are depleted by the end of the day, but I think that's more due to Abby and Zach than to this baby!
20 weeks, 3 days pregnant.

Back to our ultrasound: it began well. Baby Ng was moving around, but the ultrasound technician was able to gather all the required measurements. He then told us that Baby Ng is a...
The chalk board in our kitchen, sharing our great news!

That's right - we are going to have another lovely lady in our family! Carey and I were thrilled, and Abby was over the moon! She had been hoping for a baby sister, so there was lots of dancing and cheering when we shared the good news with her. (Zachy was dancing and cheering, too, but I don't think he really knew why...)
Adorable profile of our adorable girl!

We did have some worrisome news, so we're scheduled for a few more tests. While the doctors suggested these tests as a precaution, not because something is definitively wrong, Carey and I are freaking out a little bit... Prayers for the health and well-being of our little girl would be greatly appreciated! (Obviously, we hope to have good news to share once the tests are completed and the results are received, but we are trying to prepare ourselves for best and worst care scenarios...)
I had a bit of fun with Abby's sidewalk chalk...

So here she is again - our sweet little girl!
Profile, arms, legs - perfect in every way!

We praise God for the gift of this little lady, and we trust in Him to watch over her and give our family the strength and courage to face whatever the future holds for us!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin