Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 23, 2012

From Baby to Boy...

Today is my sweet Zachary's 1st birthday. A few nights ago, Carey and I were talking about Zach's birthday. We both agreed that, with Abby, we were so excited and looking forward to this special day. But with Zach, it was almost with a sigh of relief and a "Thank God!" that we greeted this milestone. This little man has given us a run for our money; from "failure to thrive" as a newborn to a hospital stay with RSV, Zach's health has been (and frankly, still is) of constant concern to us. And yet, we feel like we've made it over a big hurdle. Thank God!

And while we're thanking Him for the gift of health for our little guy, let us not forget to thank Him for the blessing of this precious little boy in our lives. Zachary has brought so many smiles and so much love to our family that I could not imagine my life without him. I watch him smile and laugh at his sister's silliness. I watch him smile at the front door as daddy comes home and great him with an adorable (and sometimes rather loud) chorus of "da-da." I watch him smile when I get him out of his crib every morning and glory in the hugs and kisses that I receive. I can't look back on the past year and say that I wouldn't change anything - after all, no one really wants to spend that much time in the hospital - but I can definitely say that everything that happened since Zachary's birth has shaped his life and our relationships into something that can only be labeled as a true blessing.

Zachary, my little man, my pudgy buddy, my chunky monkey, my sweet boy, I love you. I love you so much that tears are in my eyes as I write this, a feeling of overwhelming gratitude in my heart for the blessing of your life and the gift that I received on this day one year ago. God bless you, Zachary Thomas. May you always feel the love of your family, and may we be blessed with many more smiles, peals of laughter and precious memories together.
 
http://www.onetruemedia.com/share_view_player?p=115046a9318977d1bd8a63c"quality="high
" scale="noscale" width="320" height="284" wmode="transparent" name="FLVPlayer" salign="LT" flashvars="&p=115046a9318977d1bd8a63c&skin_id=1011&host=http://www.onetruemedia.com" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">

1 comment:

Kate said...

Awesome video, how did Zach get to be so grown up?!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin