Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 24, 2012

A Preschooler Among Us...

As Abigail is only too happy to remind us, she will be starting preschool in a few weeks. Heaven help me, when did my baby...
February 22, 2009
Abby and mommy enjoying an afternoon cuddle.
 
...yeah, that baby, become old enough to go to preschool?

As we approach her fourth birthday, I've been thinking a lot about preschool and my little munchkin. I am praying that the lessons she has been taught will carry through to her time in preschool and beyond the walls of our home and the watchful eyes of her parents. We are trying to teach her kindness and respect, empathy and friendship, love for the Lord and her brothers and sisters in Christ. And I pray that the sweet, intelligent, kind-hearted girl who loves to read books, do math, and laugh will thrive in her new environment.

So, as Abby prepares for preschool, and as mommy prepares to say goodbye to her oldest child and only daughter for 2.5 hours every afternoon, I'd like to pray for her and ask that you keep her in your prayers. She is beyond excited for this new and amazing journey, and I pray that her love of learning and the seeds of friendship will continue to grow as we take the next big step: preschool.

July 1, 2012
Mommy and Abby on the giant slide at our church's annual festival.
 
 
{I'm linking up this post over at the MODsquad blog.}

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin