Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Some Days...

Some days it's hard...
Tears in eyes + drool = teething. Ugh.
(May 2012)

Some days it's easy...
Two smiling swinging kiddos!
(June 2012)

Some days I feel like I'm falling apart...
Oh goodness, that face!
(Disclaimer: this was Zach's first-ever taste of an Italian ice. I gave him a minuscule taste, but it was apparently enough to let him know that he didn't like it...)
(June 2012)

Some days I feel like I've got it all together...
My 3.5 year old wrote her name. All by herself. And, cue the proud mommy moment...
(June 2012)

Some days, this mommy thing is overwhelming. When Abby is "being 3" and Zach is refusing to nap and we're running out of bibs because I forgot to do the kids' laundry and I have to clean a poop cloth diaper and Abby asks me to read a book at the same time that Zach is crying to be held and I have absolutely no idea what to cook for dinner... Yeah, it can be rough.

But, on some days, I watch Abby playing with Zach and the two of them laughing together. I manage to read a book while feeding Zach and sing Abby's favorite song while changing Zach's diaper. I get us out of the house for a walk, a trip to the playground, or even just errands, and we're clean, dressed, and fed. I have a home-cooked meal waiting for Carey when he gets home. I am able to read a good-night story with Abby and give Zach a goodnight kiss after daddy gives him his last bottle.

Yes, there are some days when I fall into bed, thankful for my family, but praying for strength and patience, so I can do better the next day. So I can remain calm. So I can keep my temper in check. So I can give all of the hugs and kisses and attention that my children need. And there are some days when I peacefully climb into bed, thankful for my family and thankful that the Lord heard my prayers for wisdom, patience and compassion.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin