Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

39 Weeks!

You know you're 39 weeks pregnant when...

...applying mascara before leaving the house constitutes getting gussied up.

...daily wardrobe choices are based solely on what actually covers your belly.

...your toddler asks you in disbelief "Does baby brother want to stay in your belly even longer???"

...your belly button enters the room a full 3 seconds before the rest of you.

...your maternity pillow has been in use for so long that it is mushed as flat as a pancake, despite repeated washing and fluffing.

...the nice woman at the grocery store asks you when your baby is due, and then barely contains a look of horror when you say next week, obviously afraid that there will be a major clean-up in aisle 5.

...you have completely forgotten what your feet actually look like.

...you have finished your "nesting" stage and now just want to sit around and do nothing.

...even when you feel really hungry, your stomach only has enough room for about 4 bites of food before you feel stuffed.

...you walk around constantly anxious that your water will break in a public place.

...you try to guess which of your baby's body parts is making you so uncomfortable.

...your husband starts to complain that if you use any more of his boxer shorts as pajamas that he is going to run out of clean underwear.

...you have moved beyond the pregnancy waddle to a place where your movements more closely resemble Quasimodo.

...your toddler asks to sit on your lap, and then practically falls off because your gigantic belly doesn't really leave her very much "lap" to sit on.

...your days are spent pondering life's really important questions, like what makes Gatorade "Fierce Grape" so fierce and what is the shortest route to take if you have to visit the bathroom, get something to eat, and grab the mail?

...you love folding teeny tiny shirts, but are wondering if the being inside your uterus ever plans to exit said uterus and actually wear them?


And finally, you know you're 39 weeks pregnant when you look like this:


At our check-up on Monday, the doctor said that everything looks great with me and with Zachary, but that there really wasn't any change in my progress. I'm still about 60% effaced and 1 centimeter dilated. I would have loved for those numbers to have changed, but, as I told Carey, I knew what I signed on for. While I had hoped that Zachary would make his appearance a bit earlier than his due date, I also knew that he could decide to stay in there for the full 40 weeks (or beyond). Abigail was well worth the 40 weeks and 2 days wait, and I'm absolutely sure that little Zachary will also be worth the wait, regardless of how long that may be.

I'll keep you updated on any new Zachary developments, but for now, I'm just trying to tackle a few final tasks around the house and resting up before the little guy arrives. Your prayers for a safe, speedy delivery would be much appreciated!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin