Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 17, 2011

Goodbye Blue, Hello New!

I admit it: there is something about being pregnant that makes me want to paint things in my house. Perhaps it is because during my first pregnancy, we had to repaint the entire house...

Me and Abby, painting the dining room (May 11, 2008)


I have been wanting to repaint our upstairs bathroom, well, pretty much since I originally painted it. While the color was supposed to be periwinkle, it turned out plain blue on the walls. We had purchased the paint for our bathroom in Hoboken, but we found out about Abigail and bought our house prior to actually painting that bathroom. So, we figured that we'd use it for the bathroom in our new house. It was fine, but I didn't love it...

The light blue bathroom (May 25, 2008)


Carey and I kept our eyes open for a paint sale, and I had been saving up gifts cards that I had received for stores that have Home Departments (e.g. - JCPenney, Lord & Taylor). I'd also collected coupons for some of my other favorite stores (Bed, Bath, and Beyond and the Container Store), so I was able to redo our entire bathroom (paint, rugs, towels, shower curtain, counter top accessories, etc.) for less than $100. Add this to the fact that we had a new bathroom window installed in the room last December, and I feel like we have a brand new room.


Yes, we still have our pink toilet. I have to say, it's growing on me...


The walls are "Creamy White." I wanted something neutral, so I can change bathroom accessories if I feel the need to update in the future...


I got these Lauren by Ralph Lauren towels at Lord & Taylor - they are the softest towels I've ever used, plus I got a super discount on them.


I found this print at Bed, Bath, and Beyond.
It reads: Faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.
(Hebrews 11:1 - one of my very favorite Scripture verses!)



I am so happy with how the bathroom turned out! Now, if I could just convince Carey that our bedroom needs to be updated...

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin