Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I Did It!

Well, folks, it's official: I have read the Bible. Cover to cover. In 90 days. (Technically, in 88, as I finished on schedule on Monday.) What a feeling. When I read that last page of Revelation, I was excited. I have done something that I've wanted to do my entire adult life: I read the entire Bible. I was unsure, because I felt like there was so much that I hadn't absorbed and questions that hadn't been answered and new questions to ponder. I felt blessed that I was able to walk this journey with Amy and all of the other wonderful women who had become linked together through our blogs, Twitter, and prayer. I felt a bit empty as I wondered how, without a schedule and a group of people that I felt accountable to, I would continue to integrate Scripture into my daily life. It was an amazing feeling to read God's Word, to be challenged and moved and reaffirmed. To be honest, I can't wait to do it again. Soon. But, for now, I believe that God wants me to explore my relationship with Him in different ways. Scripture will still be an important part of my life. But, for a little while, it won't be scheduled. I'll probably jump around - I'll read some of my favorite parts of the Bible and revisit some of those parts that I found challenging or didn't really "get" when I read them as part of the Challenge. I know that my life has changed now that I have completed this goal. Rather than putting down my Bible since I've "been there, done that," I want to read it again. Even more. Now that I'm familiar with its words of comfort, of challenge, of joy, of love, of sorrow, of repentance, of salvation - well, I'm hooked.

I'd like to send out a big "THANK YOU!!!" to Amy for being an amazing leader - for encouraging us in our journey and for giving us a swift kick in the pants when we needed it. (In this post, when she mentioned that people who fall behind and promise themselves that they'll finish the Challenge later usually don't finish it at all, I was motivated. I hadn't read through Deuteronomy only to be tripped up by Ezekiel!) This Challenge has been a true blessing in my life, and I am thankful to Him for guiding me to Mom's Toolbox all those weeks ago!

I hope, the next time this Challenge rolls around, that some of you will consider walking the journey with us. I'll definitely let you know when it begins again!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin