Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, February 5, 2010

Follow-Up Friday

So, how are you doing with your New Year's resolutions? In an effort to keep myself honest, I've decided to post weekly updates on all of my resolutions. The fifth update of 2010 looks something like this:
  • Scrapbooking: Good grief. Still no real progress on my Project Life kit. The best laid plans... I was all set to work on it this week, but I was laid low by some bad eggs. While I'm finally getting my appetite back, I'm still lagging in the energy department. So, this weekend is going to be the weekend! Jessica, author of one of my favorite blogs, The Mom Creative, hosts a weekly Project Life Tuesday, where people post their photos from the week and the captions they plan to use in the Project Life kits. Since I apparently need more motivation, I will be participating in Project Life Tuesday this week!
  • Book Clubs: Discussions continued with both online book clubs, but I didn't have the energy to log on this week. I'll be popping in this weekend.
  • Project 365: Photos are being taken daily. I still find myself taking LOTS of pictures of Abby. (But seriously, with a face like this, who wouldn't?)
    I'm going to make more of an effort to not only take pictures of things besides Abby, but to find inspiration in those things. In the meantime, don't forget to stop by 365 Days of Ng!
  • The Bible in 90 Days: Still going strong. A full day ahead in my reading - finished the Book of Job this morning, which I've been working on since yesterday. It definitely makes you pause to reflect on your own sufferings and how you interact with God throughout those tribulations.
  • Grocery Budget: As I mentioned last week, January marked the end of the Eat From The Pantry Challenge. Overall, Carey and I did really well. Last week, in an effort to restock our pantry/kitchen a bit, we decided to really go for it at Pathmark. We spent $59.43 on beef roast, chicken, ground beef, fruits and veggies, cereal, bread and stocking up on some of Abby's favorites: chicken nuggets and fish sticks. So, while in one trip we spent almost half of our February grocery budget (total budget for the month: $120), we saved almost $70! It was an expensive shopping trip, but we filled the fridge and freezer with lots of great stuff and will actually have very little shopping that we need to do this week.
So, this was Week #5 of 2010. A bit of a slow-down in the resolutions department, but I'm looking forward to picking up steam again next week. I hope that your new year continues to be blessed!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin