Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Ouch

Friday night did not go as planned in the Ng house. After picking up Abby, we were going to do some quick grocery shopping, then hang out at home. After munchkin was in dreamland, we were going to have dinner and watch a movie. Nothing too exciting, but a nice relaxing end to a busy week for both of us.

Well, as we were stopped at a stoplight at the grocery store, Carey decided that he wanted to put the windows up. What he didn't notice was that I had my hand out the window (kinda hanging onto the roof of the car). So, he put the window up and mushed my hand. Ouch.

We got home, and my fingers were really swollen and my ring finger was hurting incredibly bad. So, Carey called Bart and Melissa, who came right over to watch Abby, and Carey drove me to the emergency room. By this time, even with ice on it, the knuckle on my ring finger had swollen to almost twice its normal size. Ouch.

Thankfully, x-rays revealed that nothing was broken. But, the doctors needed to get my ring off and I couldn't budge it over my knuckle. (I hadn't worn a ring on my right hand in weeks, but I happened to decide to wear my college ring on Friday. What are the chances???) The doctor didn't want to cut it off, but she couldn't get it over my knuckle, either, without causing me pain. So, she numbed my finger a little and managed to jigger it off. Thankfully I didn't have to have my ring cut off...

This morning, my finger is in a splint and is swollen and sore. While I have some minor bruising on my other fingers, it's nothing too bad. So, ice, Advil and rest are the doctor's orders. If the finger isn't feeling better within the next week, the doctor told me to call a specialist to have some more x-rays taken. She said that sometimes, if the hairline fracture is right in the knuckle bones, the initial x-ray might not catch it. So, if the swelling doesn't go down within the next five-seven days, I will need to go to the hand specialist. I'm hoping it won't come to that, though...

Carey is trying his best to be helpful and, if I'm careful, I can still hold Abby and play with her. So, while it hurts like the dickens, it's nothing that won't heal. :-P

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin