Carey is good blog fodder. Plain and simple: the man gives me lots of stuff to blog about. From sleep deprivation to clothing mishaps to crazy home improvement projects, my husband is an excellent source of material with which to regale you, my lovely readers. And, true to form, this weekend Carey did not disappoint.
Since I had been caring for a sick little munchkin all last week, Carey agreed to take the little one on Saturday to allow me to paint our second guest bedroom downstairs. So, I spent pretty much all day downstairs painting while Abby and daddy had a great time, playing with her toys, taking a walk to the library, and just plain enjoying the beautiful weather. I came up for fresh air after dinner and to give Abby a bath and help prepare her for bedtime. Carey was playing with Abby while I ran her bath, so I took a few minutes to put away Abby's clean clothes. Carey walked into Abby's room holding the little munchkin, and out of the corner of my eye, I noticed something on her foot. I didn't give it a second thought until I realized that Abby was barefoot all day (because it makes crawling around easier than if she's wearing socks). I took a second look and realized that Abby had a big pile of poop on her foot. That's right folks, I said poop.
Carey laid Abby down on the changing pad, so I figured that he must have seen it. Rather than state the obvious, I figured I'd give him a hand if he asked for help, but otherwise let him handle it. Well, Carey proceeded to chatter with Abby, but didn't make a move to clean her up. So, with my brain still being a little fuzzy from paint fumes, I turned to Carey and asked "You do realize that she has a pile of poop on her foot, right?" Carey looked at me, looked at Abby, and then exclaimed "Oh my God!" (So, to answer my question, no, he obviously did NOT realize that Abby had a pile of poop on her foot.) I nudged Carey out of the way and started cleaning her off. Upon closer inspection, I found that Carey had given Abby a "diaper wedgie." Instead of putting her diaper on snugly and checking to make sure that the leg holes were secure, Carey put the diaper on way too loosely, so it must have twisted around with all of Abby's movements and was now stuck in between her little cheeks instead of covering them up. So, when she pooped, it completely missed the diaper and landed everywhere else instead. Thank goodness we have hardwood floors, because Carey had to do a thorough cleaning of the entire hallway. Unfortunately, Abby's mishap landed on our new area rug. So, we cleaned the area with Resolve, and we're planning to rent a steam cleaner this weekend to do a good cleaning of the rug before Abby is allowed to play on it again...
Unscathed by her ordeal, Abby proceeded to have a grand time in the bathtub while mommy did a very through (but gentle) scrubbing of the dirty little munchkin. Squeaky clean and with a full belly, Abby feel asleep not long after her bath and slept like a champ.
So, there you have it folks. Adventures in parenting with the Ngs. After Abby fell asleep, Carey and I managed to have a good laugh at the whole episode. :-)
Monday, June 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment