Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 15, 2009

It's Gonna be a Good Day.

Why? Because I said so.

I had a pretty rough week at work this week. I returned from a week-long vacation on Wednesday, and before I even had the chance to turn on my computer, I was called in to attend a day-long seminar on consultative selling and customer relations. In addition to my own "stuff," two of my co-workers are out of the office due to extremely unfortunate and unforeseen circumstances. So, there was a lot on my plate when I got to work on Wednesday, and I didn't really have the chance to deal with any of it. On Wednesday night, while I watched my beautiful daughter sleep, I came to an important realization.

I realized that, more often than not, my crappy days are my fault. I had no control over the things that happened at work (both while I was out and when I returned), but I have complete control over how I deal with them. I can get upset, act huffy, and take out my frustrations on the people who surround me, both at work and at home. Or, I can not do those things. I can remember that I am lucky enough to have vacation time and was blessed to spend it with my little munchkin, my big sis, and other wonderful members of my family. I can remember that I have a job in an economy when many people do not and that my job offers me the opportunity for growth and personal development. I can remember that the stresses I deal with are small compared with the stresses being experienced by my two co-workers.

Now, I'm not saying that I intend to be a doormat. I won't lay down and just take whatever life and my fellow human beings hand to me. But, I am going to work on controlling my reactions to whatever has been given to me. If I can work on how I respond to the things that life hands me, maybe I'll find that life has been handing me some really great things that have been overlooked in the hustle-bustle of my daily existence...

It's gonna be a good day. Why? Because I said so.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin