I wanted to thank everyone who was kind enough to respond to my last blog post, either via the blog, email, or telephone. I was really worried about Abby (like I said last time, I'm Polish, and we're good at this whole worrying thing...), and it was a relief to have people tell me that their kids have done the same thing and that it's not necessarily something to be worried about.
Secondly, I want to apologize. I think my post might have been somewhat unclear, leading some of you kind, caring folks to worry more than you should have. When I mentioned the 'alarm' going off in the morning, I meant my alarm clock. Carey and I looked into getting one of those sensors that you either put under the crib or on the baby's head to monitor breathing, but we never ended up getting one. When I said I was worried about Abby's breathing, that was just me being an over-active worry-wart. Thank God, Abby has never given us any indication that she has trouble breathing while she sleeps. (If anything, she snores like her daddy, so it's sometimes very easy to hear that she's still breathing!)
Occasionally, friends will ask Carey and I for parenting advice. Carey's usual response to this is "Why are you asking us for advice? We've only been parents for, like, 20 minutes!" Well, as someone who stills feels like she doesn't know what she's doing most of the time, it was such a relief to hear that Abby is doing what most kids do and that we shouldn't worry to much. (Of course, I'm Polish, so I'm sure I'll find something else to worry about...)
Monday, February 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Kris - It is totally normal for you to worry! We all do it! I am so glad that you all received some good advice. I do hope it helps calm your fears a little. My friend Courtney was telling me the other day that she worries about the same thing and she did end up spending the (large) amount of money on that breathing monitor. It helps her to feel better...so whatever helps! Right? I am a worrier too, but Brian definitely is not! He is my encourager and helps me to overcome my worries. Sounds like Carey does the same for you. With Sierra having so many breathing problems in the beginning, it was hard to just let go and let God handle it. Every night when we say prayers with Sierra, we just pray that God will watch over her while she sleeps and keep her safe. It is freeing to be able to just put it in God's hands and know that He is in control. I praise Him for that knowledge! I will continue to pray that Abby remains safe as well and I am sure she is LOVING her new found sleep position on her tummy!!! Sierra sleeps with her butt in the air these days! So cute!!!
God Bless!!!
Post a Comment