Thursday, January 22, 2009
He tries...
Carey tries, but at the heart of it, he is a boy, so I know I can't expect too much... On Sunday, I laid out Abby's outfit and asked Carey to get her dressed while I showered. We were running a bit behind (okay, okay, I was running a bit behind), so I told Carey to just put Abby right into her snowsuit and put her in her car seat. We got in the car, and Abby slept through church, so we never took her out of her car seat or removed her snowsuit. After we got home, Carey went out to shovel the driveway, so I took Abby out of her snowsuit. Imagine my surprise when I looked at her outfit...
Isn't all that embroidery beautiful? Why would an outfit have all that beautiful detail on the back, you ask? Well, it shouldn't have been on the back; Carey put Abby's outfit on backwards!! Thank goodness she slept through church...
Carey's defense to this was "Who would put all those buttons down the back of an outfit?!" While I agree that it might not be the most user-friendly outfit Abby owns, I pointed out that he should pay attention to where the tags are located, instead of assuming that buttons go in the front. But, like I said, Carey is a boy, so I guess it will take him a few years to learn the finer points of girls' fashion... :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is too funny, I seriously laughed out loud!!! :) Please tell Carey he is not alone by any means though. Brian has done this at least twice now. Have you seen those pants now-a-days that have the pockets in the front? Brian swears the tag must be in the wrong place, because certainly the pockets should go in the back. Also, Sierra has an outfit similar to the one that Abby is wearing in these pictures and Brian did the same thing. I saw her and said "Honey, you put it on backwards!" He agreed with Carey, "the buttons should go in the front." Ahh...sweet fathers! They may not be perfect...but they are perfect for us and for our kiddos!!! :)
Thanks for the laugh! :)
Post a Comment