Today is Abigail's four-month birthday, and I am constantly amazed by how big our little girl is getting and how fast she is growing and developing. This little girl truly is a miracle, and Carey and I feel so blessed that God has chosen us to be her parents.
So, what's been going on the last month? Well, Abby has gotten bigger (both taller and heavier). Not to mention that those little cheeks are getting very chubby. :-) Abigail definitely recognizes voices and faces now. When she hears Carey and I talking with each other from different rooms, she'll look at whomever is holding her, and then she'll look in the direction of the other voice. She looks for Carey and me, and she always has a big smile on her face when she sees us. :-)
Our little girl is also a drool machine. She wears a bib all the time now, otherwise her shirts get soaked through. She also loves chewing her fingers, so I tried introducing a teething ring. She doesn't like them cold, but she will chew on them a little when they're room temperature. Although, with the square teether, sometimes she just pokes her fingers through the teether and chews on them instead. :-)
Her spit-up problem seems to be getting a bit better. Instead of large amounts of spit-up after every feeding, she might have a big spit-up once or twice a day and normal amounts at other feedings, if she spits up at all. (Based on the fact that her cheeks are getting chubbier and she has her first fat rolls on each thigh, I don't think she's hurting for nourishment...)
Finally, Abby likes hearing herself. She's making all sorts of noises now, from squeaks to squeals to grunts. She's making "oh" and "ah" sounds, and she rolls her tongue a lot. She definitely watches people's mouths, so I think she's trying to figure out how to make additional sounds.
Abigail is a happy, beautiful little girl, and Carey and I feel blessed to be her parents. It's an amazing gift to watch her grow every day, and we can't wait to see what milestones she'll reach this month!





So, what's been going on the last month? Well, Abby has gotten bigger (both taller and heavier). Not to mention that those little cheeks are getting very chubby. :-) Abigail definitely recognizes voices and faces now. When she hears Carey and I talking with each other from different rooms, she'll look at whomever is holding her, and then she'll look in the direction of the other voice. She looks for Carey and me, and she always has a big smile on her face when she sees us. :-)
Abby is getting much better at grasping objects. When she's in her exersaucer or jumpster, if a toy is placed in front of her, she'll often reach for it and grab it. She also loves grasping the birds and bees that hang from one of her activity gyms.
Our little girl is also a drool machine. She wears a bib all the time now, otherwise her shirts get soaked through. She also loves chewing her fingers, so I tried introducing a teething ring. She doesn't like them cold, but she will chew on them a little when they're room temperature. Although, with the square teether, sometimes she just pokes her fingers through the teether and chews on them instead. :-)
Her spit-up problem seems to be getting a bit better. Instead of large amounts of spit-up after every feeding, she might have a big spit-up once or twice a day and normal amounts at other feedings, if she spits up at all. (Based on the fact that her cheeks are getting chubbier and she has her first fat rolls on each thigh, I don't think she's hurting for nourishment...)
Finally, Abby likes hearing herself. She's making all sorts of noises now, from squeaks to squeals to grunts. She's making "oh" and "ah" sounds, and she rolls her tongue a lot. She definitely watches people's mouths, so I think she's trying to figure out how to make additional sounds.
Abigail is a happy, beautiful little girl, and Carey and I feel blessed to be her parents. It's an amazing gift to watch her grow every day, and we can't wait to see what milestones she'll reach this month!
This telephone rattle is delicious!

Playing in my jumpster and enjoying my tasty fingers!

My very first toothbrush! (I don't have any teeth, but that doesn't stop me from chewing my fingers!)

This teddy bear is quite tasty!

I like this green teething ring. It's yummy!
1 comment:
Keep these pictures coming, I show her off to my friends like she's my own! So good to hear she's doing so well!! :)
Post a Comment