Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A wonderful vacation and 31 weeks!!

There's so much to tell from this past week that I'm going to have to break it up over the next few days. Otherwise, this post will just go on and on and on and on... (You get the idea.)

Carey and I had a great time on our trip upstate last week. It was so nice to see my mom, Kate, grammy, and the rest of my family. I really do miss them, so it was terrific to spend some time with them. :-) My super-sneaky family even surprised me with a baby shower! (More about that in a later post. I have a bunch of pictures, and I'm going to try and collect some additional pictures from the other folks who were at the party so I can put together a slide show.) I was COMPLETELY surprised and had a great time. (My family thought of the perfect cover: the party was actually held on Kate's birthday, so I didn't even give it a second thought as to why the family was getting together.) My little grammy was so cute: she said that it might not be the best idea to surprise a woman who is 7 months pregnant! Abby was fine though. (I think she was placated by potato chips and yummy cake from Wegmans!)

Speaking of Abby, we hit 31 weeks yesterday! Hooray! Abigail's new nickname is "my little fidget" because she very rarely stays still for any amount of time. If I'm sitting for even a few minutes, she starts moving and grooving in there, until I get up and start walking around again. We had an appointment with Dr. Siegel yesterday, and he said that everything looks good. (To quote him: "You look great." As a pregnant woman with a huge stomach, swollen ankles, and misbehaving skin, I could have kissed him!) He felt around for the baby and said that he could feel her head below my navel. (Funny enough, that's where I'm feeling all my "kicks." Apparently, they're actually headbutts!) He said my weight was okay; I only gained a pound, though. :-( Dr. Siegel actually said that because I'm so tall, it would be okay for me to gain more than the recommended 25 pounds. If only I could put on the 25 pounds, I'd be happy! We have our next appointment on Monday, July 21st (two weeks, instead of four!), and we have another ultrasound on Tuesday, July 22nd. Dr. Siegel says that they usually do at least one ultrasound in the third trimester, just to check on the baby's growth. I'm so excited to see how little Abigail looks now! (It's been almost two months since our last pictures...)

Well, there's lots more to tell, but I'll save that for some later posts. Needless to say, Carey and I had a great time! (It was very hard to come into work today...)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin