The humidity is back, so my ankles have gone into hiding. The edema lessens a little bit at night (so I wake up with something resembling ankles), but that doesn't last long. By the time I get into work, my ankles and feet are swollen, and it only gets worse during the day. Doctors say that the best thing for edema is to keep your feet elevated and stay off them as much as possible. But, I am apparently having a baby who doesn't care what the doctors say, because if I sit down for more than 5 minutes, she starts fidgeting. (And who would have thought that a little person who weighs about 3 pounds could make 168-pound me uncomfortable???) So, I'm trying to balance my walking and sitting, and I'll hold to the hope that my ankles will return after Abby is born! (Thank goodness my feet don't hurt. In fact, if I didn't look at them, I honestly wouldn't even realize that anything was wrong...)Luckily, my supervisor has said that it's okay for me to wear flip-flops to work, even though that's technically against company policy. Good thing, otherwise I'd be coming to work barefoot because I can't fit my feet into anything else!
No comments:
Post a Comment