Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 2, 2008

We're New Yorkers again! (and Week 26)

It was a VERY busy weekend, but Carey and I are now officially New Yorkers again! Thanks to our great friends and family (especially Alison, Dave, Carrie, Craig, Melissa, and Bart), we had the smoothest move I could have imagined. (And believe me, a low stress move was just what this pregnant woman needed!) The remainder of our belongings left Hoboken shortly after 1:00 on Saturday afternoon, and we arrived at our new home around 2:30. Everything was unloaded into the downstairs, so now begins the process of sorting through all of the items that are downstairs and in our garage and putting everything away. The required rooms (bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen) are usable, if not quite done, so it's a matter of tweaking those rooms and really getting down to business in the rest of the house. Our 'To Do' list keeps getting longer and we spend hours cleaning, sorting, storing, etc., but at the end of the day, it's a great feeling to know that it's our house!! :-)

Also, a huge THANK YOU to Mom and Dad Ng, Anne and Jon, and Bart and Melissa. After seeing the condition of the oven/stove top that came with the house, they chipped in and bought us a new oven as a house-warming present! It arrived on Saturday and it looks amazing. (Funny how changing one appliance made such a HUGE difference in the look of the room...)

And finally, I don't want to neglect Abby. (As if I could ever forget about my little kick boxer...) Today we hit week 26. (No picture though. I have the camera, but the camera cable remains hidden away in one of the myriad boxes downstairs.) According to WebMD, Abigail "measures about 9.2 inches from crown to rump and weighs almost 2 pounds now." She's still giving me heartburn (which I have as I write this), and I'm noticing some pain in my lower rib cage. (WebMD says that's normal though. My little sweetheart is causing all my internal organs to shift around, so some discomfort should be expected.) But, other than that, her little pokes (and not-so-little kicks) are reassuring and she's been great in allowing me to work on the house during the day with no problems. (So long as I eat and drink a lot and get a good night's sleep, I don't think Abby much cares what I'm doing!)

1 comment:

Karen said...

Hey girl! Congrats on the new house and the move. Brian and I moved when I was 25/26 weeks pregnant also. Thank God for family helpers! :)

Also, the heartburn was horrible for me too - but it didn't kick in till later in my pregnancy when I started gaining more weight. As you might remember, I vomited for most of my pregnancy - fun stuff! :)

Anyway, I was eating Tums by the bottle and then my midwife suggested Zantac. She said it was better for me than the Tums (because of the kind of calcium in the Tums) just thought I would pass that along, if you wanted to ask your doc about alleviating your heartburn.

Enjoy the squishing rib cage too. :) I used to actually physically push Sierra down so I could take a breath. After she dropped around week 36 it was glorious - I could breathe and eat more again. :) Isn't it amazing having a real person in your belly? Enjoy it!

Glad you are doing great. Don't work too hard at getting that house put together - take it easy!

Love ya,
Karen :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin