Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, June 9, 2008

Week 27 off to a hot start...

The heat is on in New York! It was a VERY hot weekend, so not much happened on the house front. Luckily, Friday was a nice day, so after our doctor's appointment (more on that below), I was able to get some more painting done. We're now completely done with the office, leaving us with just a few touch ups in Abby's room, our bedroom, the bathroom and the kitchen. Slowly but surely, it is looking more like a house (and less like a warehouse)!

My doctor's appointment on Friday was okay. Unfortunately, my former doctor's office in Hoboken did not fax over my records, like they said they did. So, my new doctor, Dr. Siegel, was "flying blind" and not really able to do much. My blood pressure and weight were both good (3.5 pounds since my last doctor's appointment on May 27th!!), and my uterus is growing like it should be. Dr. Siegel also liked hearing that Abby is an active little girl, kicking her mommy a lot and tap dancing on her kidneys... :-P My next appointment with Dr. Siegel is at the beginning of July. After that, I'll start seeing him every two weeks, instead of my current 'once a month' schedule. I guess that means we're nearing the finish line!

Yesterday, after trying to do a bit around the house, it just got too hot to do anything. So, Carey and I took up Bart and Melissa on their invitation to stop by to enjoy their pool and some sandwiches in the backyard. Despite the fact that the water was pretty cold, Gabriella and Sofia were little fishies, spending a good part of the day in the pool and running through the sprinkler. Sofia even managed to convince Uncle Carey to take her for a ride in the pool. (A big deal because, as you may or may not know, Carey can't really swim. Luckily, the pool isn't too deep, so Carey and Sofia had a good time splashing around together.) I even got into the pool for a little while, but just long enough to cool down. Then, I fell asleep on the hammock for the rest of the afternoon. :-)

I hope everyone is dealing with the heat. It looks like NYC is going to be hazy, hot, and humid through tomorrow, with a storm coming in on Tuesday night to break the heat. Wherever you are, stay cool!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin