Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Baby brain. Big time.

Well, I had my first major bout with baby brain last night. Carey and I went to an author discussion sponsored by the young adults' group from our church last night and, after the discussion was over, people were hanging around to talk and grab a drink. Since I was getting kinda tired (and I wanted to get home to catch the end of American Idol), I told Carey I was heading home. The event was held a few blocks from our apartment, so I told Carey that he could stay longer and that I'd call him when I got home, just so he knew I was safe. I walked the five or six blocks home and was standing in front of our building when I realized that I didn't have my house keys. Because Carey and I had left for the event together, I didn't grab my keys, so they were sitting on top of the television in the living room...

Adhering to the whole "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade" theory, I swung around to Rita's and picked up a Root Beer Italian Ice, and then walked the five or six blocks back to the event and asked Carey for his keys. Luckily, Rita's always makes me feel better, so aside from feeling a little silly, Abigail and I got our exercise for the day and still managed to make it home for the final half-hour of Idol. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

luckily you can blame that on baby brain..i frequently get halfway down the block and realize that i dont have my phone or some other essential item. i also frequently show up at work missing things or leave them there. case in point, i just realized my ipod was left today. good thing i only have to go upstairs to get them :) have a great weekend. i'm around if you guys need some help with things.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin