So, back to Easter. My mom arrived on Good Friday after the kids had already gone to bed. On Saturday, Abby, Grandma and I took a trip over to the Long Island Children's Museum.
| Grandma and Abby outside the museum. |
No trip to the Museum would be complete without a ride on Nunley's Carousel, and it was so much fun to bring Grandma along!
| Big smiles on the carousel! |
After attending Mass on Sunday morning, Carey's parents joined us for Easter dinner. The kids had a great time playing with 3 of their grandparents, and Carey's parents and my mom had a great time visiting with each other.
| Zach and Abby with Ye Ye, Ma Ma, and Grandma Jadwiga. (And how silly is Zachy's face?!) |
The next few days, Grandma joined us for some of our "normal" weekly activities. Monday was Abby's final swim lesson of the session, when adults are invited to watch the lesson. (Normally, parent are asked to wait outside the pool. I think it's a bit distracting for the kids if their parents/grandparents/siblings are there for every lesson...) Grandma got to watch her little fish's last lesson as a Pike - Abby was moved up to the next level for the Spring session. Now I have a little Eel!
| Abby, swimming with her ear in the water. My little fish swam so fast I barely had time to get the camera out of my bag! |
Tuesday we went to preschool story time, so we had the chance to play at the library with Zachy while sissy was reading all about superheroes. And on Wednesday, as a special treat, Mom, the kiddos and I went to IKEA. (IKEA hasn't made it to upstate New York, so I simply had to show mom how fabulous it is!) We ended our visit with lunch in the cafe - meatballs all around!
| I love meatballs!! |
| I love meatballs, too! And I love my Grandma! |
And as the saying goes, all good things must come to an end. My mom headed back to Bergen on Thursday morning. But not before we had a week of hugs, good times cheering for SU, and most importantly, celebrating the resurrection of our Savior with one of the most important people in the world to us. The Ngs cannot wait to see Grandma again!
| Happy Easter from the Ngs! |
No comments:
Post a Comment