I am so blessed. I am blessed by my husband and my two beautiful children. But before them, I was blessed by my wonderful sister. "Kate the Great" has truly lived up to her nickname. My sister is beautiful, smart, funny, and my best friend. A telephone conversation with Kate never fails to make me laugh. And visits from Aunt Katie are something that we look forward to for what seems like forever, and then can't believe are over so quickly once they're done.
Today is my big sister's birthday. Happy birthday, Kate. Thank you for being such a great big sister, even when I was a pain-in-the-butt little sister. (I hope that's not the case anymore!) Thank you for all the wonderful memories we've shared, from your valedictorian speech to Senior Night and a whole bunch of blue and orange balloons, to a year together at Syracuse and you standing beside me when I married my other best friend. And now, for memories of Aunt Katie, who loves my little kidlets so much that it brings tears to my eyes.
Kate, I love you. We love you. From the biggest Ngs to the smallest Ngs, you are one of those people that we love to be around and who makes us smile. Have a great birthday, big sis.
 |
| The Syfert girls on my wedding day - April 17, 2004 |
 |
| Aunt Katie with Abby and Zach. This was Zach's first Aunt Katie mush! - May 2, 2012 |
 |
Abby and Aunt Katie, out to dinner - May 4, 2012 (Fear not, folks, Abby was not drinking Pepsi! That cup had milk in it!) |
 |
| Aunt Katie and Abby, making music at the Long Island Children's Museum - May 8, 2012 |
 |
| Time for a bedtime story! - May 8, 2012 |
No comments:
Post a Comment