Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Zachary Update - Months 7 & 8

Have I mentioned that I've been meaning to post this photo?
Zachary Thomas - 7 months old (03-23-2012)

I'd hoped to get it on the blog before I took this photo...
Zachary Thomas - 8 months old (04-23-2012)

Ah, well. Who doesn't like a 2-for-1 deal? Two monthly updates in one! Twice as nice! Double the fun! (Okay, okay, enough of the cliches. Let's move on to the cuteness...)

This handsome little man is now 8 months old. That's two-thirds of a year old. (Yes, be impressed by my mathematical knowledge. Forget the fact that I told Carey it was three-quarters of a year, only to realize my mistake as I was changing Zach's diaper. Who knew diaper changes would turn into the only times my brain actually works anymore?)

So much has happened over the last two months. Zach had a well-child visit at the beginning of April (7.5 months old). At that appointment, he weighed 20 pounds, 3 ounces (75th-90th percentile) and measured 28.5 inches long (85th percentile). The doctors are very happy with how well Zach is growing, as are Carey and me!

Zach is on the cusp of crawling, but he isn't quite there yet. However, he is getting better and better at aiming his rolls and doing a little belly scooch, so nothing on the floor is safe anymore. For a kid who didn't like to spend time on his belly, he sure does love it now! He's also getting more and more steady at sitting up on his own, so he loves sitting on the floor and playing with toys.

The little guy is still "Zachy two-teeth" - despite the early appearance of his two bottom teeth at 4.5 months, we haven't had any new chompers arrive since then. He drools through almost a dozen bibs a day (I kid you not - ask my mom), but still no new teeth. I get the feeling that when his other teeth do decide to arrive, he'll just wake up one morning with the full set...
Not sure if you can see it, but there's a dribble of drool running down his chin.
And yet, still adorable... :-)

Zach is still eating well. He's enjoying the different solid foods that we're feeding him. (More on our baby food operation to come next week!) The list of things that Zach does like is much, much longer than the list of things that he doesn't (avocados and yellow squash). The little guy is showing slightly less interest in his formula these days, but I can't imagine that Neocate tastes nearly as good as butternut squash, blueberries, pumpkins, or any of the many other solids that Zach enjoys!
Blueberry face!

Cloth diapering is still going very well. (In case you missed it, you can click here for my posts about our cloth diapering journey.) We're in the groove, and Zach's tush loves all his comfy reusable diapers.

While we're still dealing with occasional sleep issues, I would say that things have gotten better since my 6-month update post. Zach does sometime wake up early in the morning, but thankfully, most of the time it happens right around the time Carey is getting up for work. So Carey will check on the little guy and help him calm down, and I'll get a few more precious minutes of sleep. This isn't happening every day, and we can almost always get him to go back to sleep on his own, without an extra feeding.
Love those cute little sleepy feet, even if one sock fell off...

The biggest thing that I have noticed over the last month, and which I absolutely LOVE, is how much Abby and Zach love each other. Abby is a little mommy, always wanting to give Zach hugs and kisses and wanting to help out with everything, from getting his bibs to burping him to giving him toys to singing songs so Zach won't cry. And for Zach, there is nothing quite so interesting as the "big sister Abby show." He could sit around and watch her all day. I have so many photos of the two of them, looking at each other with huge smiles on their faces. I can only hope that they continue to love each other this much as they grow older.
Hey sissy. Whatcha doing?

So, eight months of Zachary. Eight months of challenges and changes, but more importantly, eight months of smiles and laughter and joy. What a blessing you are, Zachary Thomas!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin