Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, August 19, 2011

40 Weeks

So, here I sit. 40+ weeks pregnant. Again. Not sure why, but once Carey's children get settled in there, they just don't want to come out.

I was thinking that perhaps Zachary wanted me to get a few more things done around the house before he arrived. So, I tried to figure out what might be on his "to do" list for mommy.


Perhaps he wanted me to organize our pantry...

Or maybe he wanted me to clean out the "junk drawer" in the kitchen...


Or maybe he wanted to me disinfect our recycling bins...


Or maybe he wanted me to take care of some of that filing that's been piling up...


Or maybe he wanted me to post all our important dates to our new 2012 calendar...


Or perhaps he wanted me to do one more load of Abby & Zach laundry...


Or perhaps he just wanted me to have one more day to spend with this little girl before she's not an only child anymore...


Or maybe, just maybe, he wanted mommy to post one more picture of her gigantic belly to the blog...


Regardless, Zachary sweetie, mommy is so ready for you to be born! I cannot wait to hold you in my arms and kiss your sweet little face and see if you look handsome like your daddy and watch your big sister meet you for the very first time. While I am trying to enjoy every moment of you in my belly, I'm also looking forward to those movements happening on the outside (because you're getting a bit too big to be stretching out inside mommy's belly!).

Carey and I are heading back to the doctor's office today so he can run some tests. Dr. Siegel will basically be doing the same thing that he did with Abigail - he'll monitor Zachary's vitals to ensure that he's not under any distress and perform an ultrasound to measure Zachary and my amniotic fluid levels. You may remember that with Abigail, my fluid levels were getting low, so we were sent to the hospital to be induced. I'm obviously a bit anxious to see what today's tests will reveal about Zachary, but we are hopeful that we'll be told that a strong, healthy little boy is in there, in which case my doctor has agreed to give us a few more days to see if my body will progress on its own. Please send prayers and good thoughts our way today!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin