While the countdown to Little Man's arrival is well underway, there is another countdown taking place in the Ng household. The countdown to July 29, 2011.
What's the big deal with July 29th, you might ask. Did Little Man's due date change? Nope. Is that someone's birthday? Nope. (Well, I'm sure it's someone's birthday, but not Carey, myself or Abby...) July 29th is the day of my BIG MOVE.
The BIG MOVE entails clearing out my desk at the New York Institute of Finance and changing my daytime phone number to my home phone number. July 29, 2011 will be my last day as a Courses Manager at NYIF. I am so, so excited to announce that I will be quitting my job and becoming a full-time, stay-at-home mom!
This is something that I have wanted to do since we found out that we were pregnant with Abigail. Unfortunately, our financial situation, especially the purchase of our house, forced my hand and necessitated that I go back to work.
And now comes the part of the post where I get misty-eyed, because this is when I start talking about Carey. I really cannot put into words how blessed I am that God brought this amazing man into my life. Carey loves me. Carey loves his daughter. Carey loves his unborn son. Carey works very hard at his job. Carey researches ways to save money in our home. Carey took control of our savings and investments to ensure that we were getting the maximum "bang for our buck." Carey has taken such a burden on his shoulders so that our family could live comfortably and securely. And, over the past three years, Carey has kicked all of his money-saving know-how into overdrive. We have refinanced our house and lowered our monthly mortgage payment significantly. We have re-evaluated all of our savings and investments accounts so that our money is working for us. And, most importantly, we have saved up enough money that I will be able to stay home with our children.
So, while I am over-the-moon excited about my BIG MOVE, I am also humbled and thankful for the man in my life who has made this possible. Carey, I cannot put into words all of the feelings in my heart, so I will simply say: I love you, and thank you so much for everything that you have done to make my heart's desire a reality.
Tuesday, May 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
YAY! Congrats! I am sure that you will LOVE being at home. It is the best, yet hardest, job I have every had!
Post a Comment