Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Pregnancy Update - 24 Weeks

No, I have not fallen off the face of the earth. Although, looking at how neglected my poor little blog has been, you might have thought so... Things have just been very busy around the Ng house, but busy in a wonderful way. I'll have more posts in the coming days, but we've been blessed with visits from family and lots of projects around the house in preparation for Little Man's arrival this summer.

I thought it was about time to post another pregnancy update. I love looking back on my weekly updates when I was pregnant with Abby. Since weekly updates aren't happening, I'd at least like to post when I have time, so I can look back on my pregnancy with Little Man, too.

So, we're 24 weeks pregnant. Yay! At our ultrasound on April 1st, in addition to finding out that our little baby is a little fella, we found out that he weighed 12 ounces, and we saw two hands, two feet, his little stomach, his spine, and his handsome profile. Be still my heart - another handsome Ng man for me to love. ;-) We also saw and heard a strong heartbeat, which is always music to my ears! On April 7th, I had an appointment with my doctor, and things checked out well there, too. I gained 6 pounds since March, but my doctor said that was fine since my total weight gain for the first trimester was about 2 pounds. My blood pressure was good, and I got to listen to that beautiful heartbeat again. So, all is seemingly well with mommy and Little Man!

Sunday, April 11th marked another milestone - Carey felt the baby move for the first time! I've been feeling the little guy on and off for weeks, but his kicks were getting more pronounced, so I grabbed Carey's hand and sure enough, Little Man gave daddy two strong kicks. "That's my son. That's our son." Tears filled my eyes when I heard Carey speak those words. I admit that I am pretty nervous about having a little boy, but I am also excited to see how the bond between our little boy and each of his parents will be unique and special.

We're still having trouble finding a name that we both love. Abby continues to suggest "Silly," which is honestly sounding better and better after reading some of the suggestions in a baby book that I borrowed from the library. Capricorn? Daedalus? Barwolf? Really?!?! This is definitely a work-in-progress.

We're well overdue for an updated belly shot, so I'll try to get a photo this weekend to post next week. The belly is definitely getting bigger, though. In fact, just this week, I rode up the elevator with someone who works on my floor, but not in my company, and had my first "Not long now, huh? Oh, really, August? Hmm, are you sure there's just one baby in there?" conversation. I'm carrying pretty much all of my weight in the front - it kinda looks like I have a basketball under my shirt. I am noticing that my maternity pants aren't fitting well anymore - some fall down because they won't stay up over the belly, and others are tight around the waist, which I think squishes Little Man sometimes. I'm looking forward to warmer weather so I can wear more dresses. It will also be nice to wear sandals so I don't have to bend over to put on shoes!

Thank you so much for your continued prayers for our baby boy. We feel truly blessed that God has entrusted us with this little life and we are amazed and humbled by the love being shown for this little guy already!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin