Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, September 27, 2010

Goodbye Junk Challenge!

Another good weekend in the Goodbye Junk Challenge! This weekend, I decided to tackle the seasonal rotation of clothing. Meaning: I pulled those big honkin' plastic tubs out from underneath the stairs, pulled everything out of said bins, gathered all our pretty little summer clothes from the closets upstairs, and performed a switcheroo. How did it go?

Well, it's actually still going... I have to wash everything that comes out of the bins. I know, I know - I store the bins inside our house with dryer sheets in them to keep the clothes fresh, and I wash everything before I put it away. But, I can't help it - clothes smell musty when they come out of a 6 month stint in storage. So, the Ng family washing machine put in overtime this weekend.

I managed to get almost all of our summer stuff stored away. I left out two warm-weather outfits for each of us, just in case we have any more of the unseasonably warm weather that we had this weekend. (Why does it always seem to be 85 degrees when I decide to pull out our winter sweaters???)

The downstairs family room, looking like our closet exploded...
The plastic bins, now filled with summer clothes, neatly stored away under the stairs.
Our donations for the Salvation Army.
I told Carey last night, I love this challenge! I love cleaning, but this is cleaning with a purpose. I know that whatever I am not using can be put to better use by someone else, and that makes it sooooo much easier to part company with that shirt that doesn't fit anymore or those pants that just aren't the right color or that bathing suit that has not seen the light of day since that trip to Cancun in 2005. I even manged to get Carey to donate some things, which is usually like pulling teeth. (Even he commented on the number of pairs of olive-colored shorts that he has, so he didn't fight me too much on the navy blue shorts that are just a wee bit short...)

The aftermath of this massive laundry weekend: a gigantic pile of ironing. Once everything is ironed and put away, I'll be sure to post some "after" pictures of our bedroom. This week/weekend, I think I'll tackle the kitchen. (That earns an even more ominous noise than the office did two weeks ago...)

1 comment:

Deb Chitwood said...

You’re doing a wonderful job with the Goodbye Junk challenge! That was a lot of work for one weekend. Your system of tubs stored together is great. Well done!

http://LivingMontessoriNow.com

Blog Widget by LinkWithin