Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, July 19, 2010

Bible in 90 Days - Checking in!

So, today is Day 15 in the Bible in 90 Days reading program. I am so thankful for this program and am definitely enjoying reading His Word, from cover to cover!

Despite the fact that we had a very busy weekend, which included a Chinese wedding and reception in Brooklyn on Saturday and a birthday party for our niece and nephew with July birthdays at our house on Sunday, I remain caught up on my reading. I managed to get two days ahead last week, so, while I had hoped to get some reading done over the weekend, I wasn't left far behind when I wasn't able to. This morning, I finished Deuteronomy on my train ride into work, so I am up-to-date with my reading. Yay! Amy has said it many times before - it is much easier to stay on track than it is to try and catch up.

Last Monday marked my first time participating in the weekly Twitter Party. Everyone participating in the program is invited to log on to Twitter from 9 - 10 pm EST and, using a program like TweetDeck, chat with others in the program. This allows Amy check on our progress and ask us questions about the readings, and it gives the participants the chance to ask our questions of the group. It was a great opportunity to hear what other people had to say and to reflect on the ponderings of others. I can't wait to attend tonight's Tweet Up!

One thing that I have found that I love about this program is the fact that it is run by/attended by "regular people." While there are times when it is great to have the input of scholars, clergy, etc., there are also times when it's comforting and supportive to know that I'm a woman/wife/mom who is reading the Word of God with others who are in my same position. We're able to relate the readings to our lives and roles, and I don't feel like I'm asking stupid questions or having the "wrong" reactions.

Please stop by Mom's Toolbox to see what some of the other participants have to say and to read Wanda's amazing words of encouragement.

2 comments:

Kristin @theschellcafe said...

Hi Kristen! I'm Kristin with an 'i'. Glad to meet you via Mom's Tool Box. I am also participating in the Bible in 90 Days and trust me, I'm a very regular person. Except for the name, of course. ;)

Looking forward to following along with you.

Kara said...

I'm loving the community aspect of the challenge too!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin