Last week I wasn't able to check-in via my blog since I was on vacation and away from the computer. I completed the challenge that began in January and, in addition to searching out the many ways that God is talking to me in my daily life, I knew that I wanted to participate again when the challenge began on July 5th.
I also knew that I wanted to approach this go-round differently than the last one, so I've added a few resources to my journey:
Bible in 90 Days NIV Bible
I read my personal Bible at the beginning of the year, using the schedule that can be found on the Bible in 90 Days website. It worked well, but I decided that I wanted to use the official Bible in 90 Days Bible this time. I am so glad that I did! I didn't realize how bogged down I was getting in footnotes and cross-references until that information was pared down to just the essentials. I'm liking the translation and the font is easy to read, especially considering that I'm usually on a moving train while completing my reading!Essential Bible Companion: Key Insights for Reading God's Word
This book presents a brief, two-page overview/synopsis of each book of the Bible. It includes an overview, timeline, definitions of important words/concepts, important people, and other assorted facts to help you absorb more from your reading. I've found this very helpful with the book that I'm currently reading, Leviticus.B90 Daily (emails from Bible in 90 Days ministry)
It's great to have snippets of information and inspiration delivered to my inbox every day. Each email gives you a key verse and a point to ponder, as well as words of encouragement from a Bible in 90 Days "graduate."
So, how am I doing? I'm a little bit ahead in my readings: I've finished Day 8 and am moving further into Leviticus (Day 9). There are parts of each book that are more tedious to read than others. But, there is a reason that this information, including this very detailed information, is included in God's Word, so I am continuing to pray that He will help me understand!
In the meantime, I'd ask for your prayers for Amy, the leader of this process, Beth, my mentor for this journey, and all the other folks participating in the challenge! Click here to read their check-in posts!
No comments:
Post a Comment