Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Looking Ahead to 2010...

Another year has come and gone. 2009 was an amazing year for the Ngs - Carey and I are both very thankful for the blessings that God showered down on us this year. Our lives are full of love for God, each other, our daughter, and our family and friends.

As the current year winds down to a close, I can't help but look ahead to 2010. I've never been big into New Year's resolutions, but there are a few things that I definitely want to work on next year. So, in no particular order, here are my New Year's resolutions:
  • I want to start scrapbooking. I've never been the artsy-craftsy type, but I love seeing the projects that other people create. So, to ease myself into this new hobby, I purchased Project Life, a scrapbooking "solution," as creator Becky Higgins likes to put it. Instead of worrying about creating pages and backgrounds, all the items you need are included in the kit, allowing you to focus on your pictures and telling your stories. (This was key for me, since I'd have no idea where to start!) Thankfully, Carey agreed that this could be my early Valentine's Day/anniversary present. Becky has confirmed that the first round of orders have been shipped, so I'm hoping to receive my kit and get started very soon!
  • I want to read some good books. With this in mind, I searched for some online book clubs and decided to become involved in two of them. The first club, which I actually participated in this year, is Bloom. I have read (and am re-reading) the first Bloom book club selection: Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God by Francis Chan. This book was amazing, and each time I re-read even a section of it, I come away with something new. The new Bloom selection is Same Kind of Different As Me: A Modern-Day Slave, an International Art Dealer, and the Unlikely Woman Who Bound Them Together by Ron Hall and Denver Moore. I had never even heard of the book, but the members of the Bloom community who have read it say that it is amazing. My copy arrived while we were upstate, and I can't wait to get started! The second book club that I am very excited about is The 2010 Simple Living Book Club. I learned about this book club because I followed Tsh's blog through the holiday season. (Let me tell you: her 12 Weeks to a Peaceful Christmas series was a life-saver! I had no idea how I would get through the holidays with my sanity, and her 12 week series made it a piece of cake. Ask Carey - I was super relaxed and able to just enjoy spending time with my family!) So, when I saw that Tsh was restarting her book club, I wanted in. Our first selection is The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Families by Stephen R. Covey. Carey is a huge fan of Dr. Covey's The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, so I was super excited when I saw that Dr. Covey wrote a book that focused on families. This book also arrived while I was upstate, so I now have two amazing books on my nightstand, just waiting to be devoured!
  • Finally, I want to be better about documenting our lives in photographs. I tend to take a bunch of pictures at a time, and then the camera collects dust for a few days/weeks until I pick it up again. With this is mind, I started a new blog entitled 365 Days of Ng. This is my take on Project 365, an idea that I came across on Photojojo's blog. I like the idea that treasured memories can be found anywhere, even in the mundane. So, the camera will be in my purse at all times, and I'll be posting a picture per day (or maybe posting several pictures once a week) to document 2010. Just in case you couldn't get enough of the Ngs... ;-)
So, as I sit here at work, watching the snow fall on 6th Avenue, I want to wish everyone a very happy, very healthy, very blessed New Year. From the Ng home to yours, may 2010 be filled with all good things!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin