Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 14, 2009

15 Months Old!

On Saturday, our beautiful little girl turned 15 months old. Wow! Perhaps it's just me getting sentimental, but sometimes I look at Abigail and just want to cry because I feel so happy and blessed. Abby makes each and every day special and amazing and memorable.

So, what's up with our little girl as she turns 15 months old? Well, her vocabulary is expanding. In addition to hi, bye, ma ma, da da, uh oh and several other words, Abby has recently begun saying "up," "yeah," "mo" (meaning "more"), and "I know." She is also showing an amazing understanding of what Carey and I are saying to her. Tonight before dinner, I told Abby that we needed to get her a bib. Abby walked into her room, opened the drawer and picked out a green bib.

Abby is growing like a weed. Just this weekend, we had to wash her 24 months pants. (Her little baby belly was getting too big for her 18 months pants...) I swear that she gets bigger every day!

Our little girl is also a bit of a trouble maker. She is constantly getting into things that she shouldn't. Thankfully, Carey and I have baby proofed the obvious things (gate at the top of the stairs, latches on the cabinets, etc.) and try to keep a close eye on her. However, Abby does understand that there are certain things that she shouldn't touch, and if we remind her that we don't play with the Christmas tree (or whatever else it is), she is usually very good about stopping. (This is usually followed up with a huge smile and a hug for me, which, of course, I love.)

Abby is very excited to see her grandparents and other family when we head upstate for the holidays in a few weeks. She can't wait to show everyone what a big girl she is!

And, because no post about my munchkin would be complete without a picture of my munchkin, here is a photo that I took of Abby last week. Do you just love that bed head or what??? :-)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin