Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 21, 2009

15 Month Check-Up

Okay, before I get started, let me say that I left the camera at home today, but I will have some adorable, snow-suited pictures of Abigail to share tomorrow. :-)

On Friday, I took the day off to do some holiday baking (fun, fun, fun!) and to take Abby in for her 15 month check up. Unfortunately, this was the very first time that Abby had a full-out meltdown in the doctor's office. She was fine in the waiting room, but as soon as we were taken into an examination room, she started crying/screaming and did not stop until we left the office. :-( This made the actual check-up kind of hard, but Dr. Caravella was very understanding and did well, all things considered.

So, how is Miss Abigail doing? Great! Our little munchkin is not so little anymore: Abby weighs in at 23.5 pounds (60th percentile) and stands 32 inches tall (90th percentile). The doctor was impressed with her development - not only is she performing "age appropriate" activities, but some of the things that she'll do are even a bit advanced for her age. (I don't get too caught up with "milestones" - I figure that Abby will do stuff when she's ready. But, as a mom, you can't help but preen a little bit when the doctor tells you that your baby is doing well.)

Dr. Caravella said that Abby has four teeth that are ready to come in. He said he wouldn't be surprised if they popped in before the end of the year. She did have to get two immunizations, but she handled it like a champ and was happily munching animal crackers as we left the office.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: nothing like a good check-up with the doctor to put a smile on this mommy's face! :-)

1 comment:

Karen said...

So glad to hear Abby is growing and developing perfectly! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin