Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Remembering: One Year Ago...

I'm not always as thankful as I should be. God has blessed me so abundantly, and I know that I often fail to thank Him and praise Him as I should. So, today, the one year anniversary of Abigail's due date, I'd like to lift up some thanks to Him who has blessed me more than I could ever possibly deserve.

I thank Him for the gift of my life. For my parents, who welcomed my arrival, and for my big sister who, after asking to send me back only once, decided that I wasn't too bad and that she'd hold up my head for Christmas pictures. For my grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins, who were such an important part of life as I grew up and are still an important part of my life today. I am thankful.

I thank Him for the gift of my husband. Carey is an absolutely amazing man, and I am blessed that God has chosen to set the two of us on the same path in this life. He is a loving husband, a caring father, and a thoughtful friend. I am thankful.

I thank Him for the gift of my daughter. Abigail has shown me that God often makes miracles and sets them on this earth. She is my joy, my hope, my heart. I am blessed to be her mommy. I am thankful.

I thank Him for the trials that he has set in front of me. I thank Him for the wallet tightening that Carey and I have undergone. It has taught me to be thankful for our jobs when so many people are searching for work. It has taught me that dinner with my family at home can be better than eating out. It has taught me to view money for what it is: something that is necessary, but nothing that should dictate my life. I thank Him for the medical issues that Abby underwent during the first few weeks of her life. It has shown me that we are blessed with caring, considerate, thorough doctors. It has taught me to be in-tune with Abigail's signals and symptoms so that I know when something is "not quite right." And it has made me appreciate that our little girl is healthy and strong and growing. I am thankful.

And, most especially on this one year anniversary of Abigail's due date, I thank Him for showing me, once again and in such a profound way, that this life is not all about me. God's plan determined that we should find ourselves pregnant even when we weren't trying and didn't think we were ready. God's plan put our amazing friends and family in our lives to guide us and help us through our pregnancy. God's plan brought Abigail safely to us on September 12th. I don't always understand His plan for me, but I am thankful and blessed that He loves me enough to have a plan for me and mine. God is good and, just in case I haven't said it enough, I AM THANKFUL!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin