To be blunt, I did not have a good weekend. Details really aren't necessary, but suffice it to say, I would have preferred if most of this past weekend had never happened.
Notice how I said most? Because, I was able to spend time with my dad. He was kind enough to come down for the weekend to put a new roof on our house. That's right: my dad put a brand new roof on our house in less than 3 days. He is amazing. Truly amazing. Not only I am so lucky to have such a talented dad, I am lucky to have a dad who loves his little girl and her adorable family so much that he'll drop everything to help us out with whatever house tasks we need to do (but have no idea how to do ourselves!). Thanks, daddy. Abby loves her new roof. :-)
I was also able to spend time with my munchkin. But poor Abby is dealing with some more teeth, and she had a rough time of it this weekend. On Saturday, I actually took her to the pediatrician because she was pulling on her ear A LOT and I was worried that she might be getting an ear infection again. (Remember this and this? Not fun.) Thankfully, Dr. Caravella checked Abby's ears and said they looked PERFECT. He looked in her mouth, and it seems that she has another tooth trying to poke its way through on the top, and one, possibly two, more teeth on the bottom struggling to make their appearance. My poor little munchkin! (Have I mentioned that teething stinks? Oh, I have? Just last week, you say? Well, let me say it again: teething stinks!!) Abby seems to be okay during the day. Maybe a bit more clingy than normal and not quite as hungry (i.e. drinking 4 ounces instead of five; leaving 2-3 bites of food), but she usually does pretty well during the day. It's at night when we really notice that Abby is having a rough time. She'll wake up crying a few times during the night. (On Saturday at 11:00 pm, she had a full-out screaming fit for almost twenty minutes, and then proceeded to play with her toys in the living room until 1:30 am, when she promptly fell asleep.) Last night, she didn't want to go to bed and when she finally did fall asleep at around 11 pm, she proceeded to wake up at 3:00 am. Normally, Abigail is such a good sleeper, so I feel awful that her little body isn't getting the rest that she needs! :`(
Please keep my little girl in your prayers as we face the next few days of mouth soreness and sleepless nights. Usually, once those little pearly whites arrive, she goes back to her normal, cheerful self, so I'm hoping that she'll be out of pain and back to herself very soon!
Monday, August 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am so sorry to hear Abby is not feeling well. I hope she feels better soon. Have you tried the all natural teething tablets? 3 of those, paired with a dose of Motrin really seemed to help Sierra. You can get the teething tablets at Walmart or any drug store. They are homeopathic and completely safe and they dissolve in the mouth quickly. Again, we really hope Abby feels better soon.
Praying for you all!
xoxo
Post a Comment