
Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.
So, what did I NOT do this week???
I did not watch more reality television than any human being should watch in one week. I did not watch two nights of So You Think You Can Dance, one episode of The Fashion Show (twice, because it was so scandalous), two episodes of Deadliest Catch, the three-episode reunion show of The Real Housewives of New Jersey (once again, scandalous), and one episode of Daisy of Love (because who doesn't like a good train-wreck???). Not me!
I did not wear sneakers into work on Friday, even though the donning of sneakers is against company policy. Furthermore, I did not remain behind my desk as much as possible so that no one would notice my illegal footwear. Not me!
I did not cry when my (usually very careful) husband carelessly shut my fingers in the automatic window of our Civic. I did not try to tough it out until we got home, only to cry some more because I thought my fingers were broken. I did not sit in the Emergency Room at Huntington Hospital for 3+ hours on Friday night, waiting for x-rays. And, I most certainly did not get butterflies in my stomach when I was told I should take a pregnancy test to rule out the possibility of a pregnancy before having said x-rays taken. I did not have (just a small amount of) hope that the test might come back positive, and I did not feel really bummed when, as we were leaving the ER, Carey said it ended up being a good night because nothing was broken and I wasn't pregnant. Not me! :-(
I did not, with help from Carey, finally manage to mulch the flower beds in the front of our house on Saturday. With one hand. (That's right, I am hard-core.) And, once the flower beds were done, I did not begin to plan what else I could do in the front and back yards to spruce things up a bit. Not me!
And finally, I did not take any pleasure in the fact that Abby is going through a mommy-phase right now. It does not warm my heart to see Abby's smiling face when I walk in a room, and I did not take advantage of every opportunity possible to cuddle with my little girl before she moves on to her next phase. Not me!
So, what did you not do this week???
No comments:
Post a Comment