
Today, my beautiful sister is celebrating her 31st birthday. I know, a face like that couldn't belong to someone older than 22, but trust me, she's been gracing this world with her presence for 31 years. And thankfully, she's been gracing my world with her presence for all of my nearly 29 years. Kate is the best sister, hands down. She's my best friend, and I'm very lucky that, although we're close in age and grew up in a very small town, there was never any competition between us. I can honestly say that whenever something good happens to Kate, it makes me happier than if something good had happened to me.
I hope Kate won't mind me sharing this on the blog, but she's not really a kid person. She babysat when we were growing up, but she jokes now that she doesn't know anything about babies. When she was visiting us in early May, she fit so well with Abby that it brought tears to my eyes. (I know, I know, I tend to cry a lot these days...) Aunt Katie has "the touch," and Abby couldn't help but smile when her Aunt Katie was around. :-)

Funny story: the other night, I gave Abby some puffs. I put them on top of an ottoman, and Abby took them as she wanted them while she was playing in the living room. The ottoman is right next to a table, and on that table is a picture of Aunt Katie and Uncle John. As Abby pulled herself up next to the ottoman to grab a few puffs, she looked around one of her toys that was sitting on the table and peeked at the picture of Aunt Katie. Then, she ducked behind her toy again, only to peek out a moment later. She was playing peekaboo with Aunt Katie's photo! It was so cute; I couldn't help but laugh!
So, Aunt Katie, the Ngs are sending you wishes for the best birthday yet. May the coming year be filled with happiness, good health, good fortune, and lots more snuggles with Abby. We love you!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment