Normally, I wouldn't be taking pictures of anything in my house that was less than perfect (which, these days, is pretty much everything except Abby - she's perfect EVERY DAY), so I really had to search for something. This is what I found. But I promise, next time, I'll have some great pictures. (Too bad I didn't take a picture of the time that Carey left the garbage on the back deck and some sort of rodent got into the bag and dragged a pork chop halfway across the back deck. But, I suppose that's more a "Because my Husband Lives Here" post...)
My beautiful hardwood floors are covered with foam mats to protect the precious head and tender bottom of my little munchkin. Because Kids Live Here.
My living room is covered in toys. Toys that rattle, toys that play music, toys that are meant to be chewed. Because Kids Live Here.
My house has bottles that pop up in the weirdest places and infant pain reliever containers that roll around the floor because sometimes my daughter likes playing with those even more than all the aforementioned toys. Because Kids Live Here.
My home is filled with the flash of my camera (even when my munchkin has to cover her eyes like she's trying to escape the paparazzi) and the laughter of daddy, mommy, and munchkin. Because Kids Live Here.
And you know what, since kids do live here, I can't imagine my home without the foam mats and Infant Motrin bottles and telephone rattles. I'm totally, utterly, and completely blessed, Because Kids Live Here. :-)
3 comments:
What a great perspective...I LOVE the idea of foam mats on the floor. Our entire first floor is hard wood except the bedrooms....Messy and loud homes are worth the joy of a child in the house!
"I'm totally, utterly, and completely blessed, Because Kids Live Here."
ME TOO!
What a cute post.
Great post! And don't be afraid to show us your less than perfect house...we won't judge! LOL!! :)
Your little girl is precious!
Post a Comment