Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 21, 2009

A Letter to my Daddy

Dear Daddy-

It's our first Father's Day together! Hooray! At this time last year, I was still in mommy's belly. I remember hearing your voice, telling mommy how much you loved me (and her!) and how you couldn't wait to meet me. Well, daddy, let me tell you: I couldn't wait to meet you either!!

I don't know what else to say, except you are the bestest daddy ever. I love it when you rock with me in my rocking chair, or read to me, or play with me on the floor in the living room. I love taking walks with you, and going grocery shopping with you, and going to Tot Music class with you. I love that you can remain calm even when mommy gets too worked-up or nervous about something that's happening with me. I love that you can soothe me after those ouchy shots I have to get at the doctor's office.

But most of all, I love that you love me. I can see it in your eyes and tell it in your voice and feel it in your arms. With you, I know that I am safe and loved and cared for. Daddy, you are a superhero. You fight crime and make the streets of Manhattan safe, and you do the same thing for mommy and me at home. Sometimes, when it's just mommy and me, she'll tell me how lucky we are to have you. And I always smile and agree, because I know that she's right. After all, this big head houses a big brain - I am very smart for 9 months, so I know a good thing when I see it. And I see a very good thing when I look at you!

Daddy, I hope that you have the best 1st Father's Day ever! I love you so much, and, every day, I thank my Father in Heaven for blessing me with such a wonderful daddy to care for me here on earth.

All my love,
your little Abigail

1 comment:

Karen said...

Happy 1st Father's Day to Carey!

Love and God Bless,
Brian, Karen, & Sierra :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin